#MWWAgentFest Update Concerning the Coronavirus
March 3, 2020
Dear MWW Community,
We want you to know that we are holding #MWWAgentFest as planned, March 13–14, 2020 in Muncie, Indiana. We know there have been concerns about attending conferences at this time due to the coronavirus pandemic. We do believe that we can work to address our legitimate concerns together by following the recommended public health protocols. We will continue to monitor the situation and follow recommendations from CDC and the Indiana State Department of Health https://www.in.gov/isdh/28470.htm.
What to Expect at #MWWAgentFest
MWW is increasing the amount of hand sanitizer at the Alumni Center, and to keep your mind at ease, we also have protective masks available.
What You Can Do to Protect Yourself
Although MWW is big into Hoosier Hospitality, this will be a handshake-free, hug-free conference. We encourage you to get creative with your alternative greetings (fist bumps!) and follow these recommendations:
- Get a flu vaccine
- Wash hands often and for at least 20 seconds each time
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Cover your nose and mouth with something disposable (like a tissue) when you cough or sneeze; throw the tissue in the trash after you use it. If you do not have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at 60%–95% alcohol. Soap and water should always be used if hands are visibly dirty.
- Clean frequently touched items such as cell phones. On your way by plane? Clean the tray table, screens, windows, arm rests, and air vents of your airplane seating area.
- Refrain from shaking hands or hugging.
For information from the CDC, visit the CDC’s website
This is obviously an unprecedented set of events and presents unprecedented challenges to all organizations that work with the public.
And again, for individual concerns, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The MWW Board of Directors