Send us up to five pages plus a one-page synopsis of a manuscript, completed or in progress. The synopsis should detail your work from beginning to end. This opportunity is available only if you are registered for Friday and Saturday. The $50 fee covers a 15-minute appointment with a member of the Manuscript Evaluation Team who has read your work before the appointment. Because of time constraints, each member of the Manuscript Evaluation Team will evaluate a limited number of manuscripts. Manuscripts will be accepted on a “first-come” basis and manuscript submissions must be postmarked by July 1, 2020.
Standard Manuscript Format:
- Font: Times Roman, Arial, or Courier, 12 point
- Margins: 1 inch on all sides
- Paragraph indentation: 0.5 inches
- Left justification; one space between sentences
- First page: your name and contact information in the top left corner
- Manuscript evaluation: double-spaced
- Synopsis: single-spaced
Mail manuscript to: Jama Bigger (Midwest Writers Workshop), 2106 N. Colson Drive, Muncie, IN 47304.
2020 Manuscript Evaluation Team members:
- Sarah Aronson – young adult/middle grade/picture book (5)
- Tracy Clark – fiction/mystery (5)
- Sarah Domet – fiction (10)
- Lylanne Musselman – poetry/playwriting – 5
- Holly Miller – nonfiction/fiction – 10
- Kristina Riggle – fiction (5)
The Team Member will determine the day/time of each conference. Schedules will be emailed prior to the conference and posted by the Registration Table.