Send us up to five pages plus a one-page synopsis of a manuscript, completed or in progress. (Sorry, no screenwriting or plays accepted.) All submissions should be typed and double-spaced. The synopsis should detail your work from beginning to end. Synopsis may be single-spaced. This opportunity is available only if you are registered for Part II and will be onsite Friday and Saturday. The $35 fee covers a 15-minute appointment with a member of the Manuscript Evaluation Team who has read your work before the appointment. Because of time constraints, each member of the Manuscript Evaluation Team will evaluate a limited number of manuscripts. Manuscripts will be accepted on a “first-come” basis and no manuscript will be accepted for this program after July 1, 2015. LABEL ALL MATERIALS: (LEFT CORNER: your name, address, phone, email; RIGHT CORNER: Manuscript Evaluator’s name). Mail manuscript to: Jama Bigger (Midwest Writers Workshop), 2106 N. Colson Drive, Muncie, IN 47304.
2014 Manuscript Evaluation Team members:
- Jess Lourey – 10 manuscripts
- William Kent Krueger – 10 manuscripts
- Daniel José Older – 10 manuscripts
- Kelsey Timmerman – 10 manuscripts (nonfiction)
- Sarah Beth Childers – 10 manuscripts
- Holly Miller – 10 manuscripts (nonfiction)
- Holly Miller is an editor with The Saturday Evening Post and co-author of Feature & Magazine Writing. She and Dennis Hensley have collaborated on four novels and three nonfiction books. Holly’s byline has appeared in Reader’s Digest, Writer’s Digest and TV Guide. She is the author of 14 fiction and nonfiction books. She has won awards from the Associated Press, Society of American Travel Writers and Society of Professional Journalists.
- Matthew Clemens – 10 manuscripts
- A collaborator with Max Allan Collins, the pair has penned seventeen TV tie-in novels including CSI: Crime Scene Investigation, CSI: Miami, Dark Angel, Bones, and Criminal Minds. Twilight Tales published the pair’s collected short stories in My Lolita Complex and Other Tales of Sex and Violence. They have also authored thrillers You Can’t Stop Me, No One Will Hear You, and What Doesn’t Kill Her for Thomas & Mercer. Supreme Justice, the new thriller, will be released by Thomas & Mercer on July 1, 2014.
The Team Member will determine the day/time of each conference. Schedules will be posted by the Registration Table.